You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:

LS16683_000
Aerial Shot of Middlebury Marble Works

Title:
Aerial Shot of Middlebury Marble Works
Town:
Middlebury
County:
Addison
State:
Vermont
Date:
1930 - 1950
Description:
This aerial film negative shows the village of Middlebury and the marble works. To the right of the image is the Congregational church with its white steeple. To the church's left there are a few commercial buildings on Main Street. Behind Main Street are the several buildings involved with marble works. To the left of the marble works is Otter Creek. In the background there are several fields, some possibly being used for agriculture. In the field, and around town there are several houses. In the distance, one can see a few small mountains. The season is most likely summer. All image rights reserved to Henry Sheldon Museum, www.henrysheldonmuseum.org.
Filename:
LS16683_000.jpg
Size:
7591 x 5364 pixels; 23655350 bytes
Original Filename:
SM_JM105.jpg
Original Metadata:
Middlebury Village-Main St. Marble Works+West
Keywords:
Quarries and quarrying; Agriculture; Building,Brick; Buildings; Church buildings; Cities and towns; Commercial buildings; Commercial strips; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Farming; Field Crops; Forests and Plants; Geology; Grassland plants; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Marble industry and trade; Mountains; Nature; Plants; Rivers; Roads; Season; Summer; Time; Trees; Work;
Source:
Henry Sheldon Museum
Photographer:
George Lathrop
Submitted By:
John William Meyer
Submitted On:
2008-08-05
Original Media:
FIlm Negative
Scanning/Digitization/Creation Notes:
MacBook OSX Version 10.5.2 CanoScan LiDE 90
Image Scanned By:
John William Meyer
Catalogue Information:
1992.78.31-Lathrop Collection
Relative Dating Rationale:
Photographer
Times viewed:
8129
Landscape Change Menu New Breed Marketing New Breed Marketing University of Vermont University of Vermont The National Endowment for the Humanities National Science Foundation Linthilac Foundation