This photograph shows the Middlebury Inn, formally The Addison House. In the immediate foreground there is a grassy lawn next to a paved road. There are a few traffic signs and a lamppost on the grass. Across the paved road there is a car parked outside the Middlebury Inn. In front of the Inn there is a sidewalk. The Inn is a three-story building with several windows, and a chimney. A sign reads “Middlebury Inn” and another reads “Waterfalls Day Spa.” To the left of the image, you can see the large porch of the Middlebury Inn. There are several leaved deciduous trees in view. The season is summer.
In addition to the name change, there have been several other changes to the inn. The Addison House existed from 1852 until 1927 when it turned into the Middlebury Inn. The main difference is that the dirt path, which used to lead up to the Addison House is now the paved Court Street. As far as the building goes, the porch with its fancy pillars no longer wraps all the way around. Also, there is no longer a utility pole and lines visible.