You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Grasse Mount from Main St.
- 1900 - 1920
- This image shows a view looking up Main Street at the Grasse Mount building on the University of Vermont. Grasse Mount is a three-story brick building with a widow's walk on the top, next to a chimney; it also has an open balcony off the right side of the house and a circular room with windowed walls. There is a white wooden fence surrounding the lawn and low flower and shrubs are planted on the outside of the fence. Elm trees, conifer trees and other deciduous trees are scattered throughout the lawn and along the side of the street. There is a sidewalk that runs along the road and in the bottom left corner of the picture, there is a view of Main Street, which appears paved. There are also wooden poles that run along the road, which have utility lines strung between them. The season is early spring. UVM Campus Sylvia Bugbee writes on 2013-06-03: I think that the word you're looking for is widow's walk, not widow's peak. The latter refers to a hair variant.
- 3589 x 2357 pixels; 1643436 bytes
- Original Filename:
- GPS Location:
- UTM Zone T 18, 4926348 E, 0642848 N
- Buildings Buildings; Chimneys; Cities and towns; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Elm; Forests and Plants; Human Constructs; Landscapes; Living Things; Nature; Plants; Roads; Roads,Paved; Season; Shrubs; Sidewalks; Spring; Stone walls and Fences; Streets; Time; Trees; Wood poles; Wooden fences;
- University of Vermont Archives
- Submitted By:
- Rachel Lomonaco
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Architecture. Tracks in road.
- Times viewed: