You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Lefferts Pond from Boat House
- The handwritten caption at the bottom of the historic image reads, "Lefferts Pond from Boat House." The panoramic photograph shows a pond with boats on it. There is a grassy lawn lined with boulders in the left foreground of the image. There is a forested shoreline with camps on it in the middle of the image. The riparian zone appears forested in the background of the image. The landscape is mountainous in the background of the photograph. Esther Munroe Swift writes on 2005-1-16: Since Vermont has a county named Chittenden it comes as a surprise to many people that there is a town of Chittenden in Rutland County and also a village named Chittenden Mills in the town of Orwell, Addison County. All have their names from Vermont's first Governor Thomas Chittenden.
- 2364 x 466 pixels; 565696 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Original Metadata:
- Lefferet Pond from boat house - chittenden Co.
- Earth Materials; Boats and Boating; Boulders; Buildings; Conifers; Culture; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Forests and Plants; Geology; Grassland plants; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Landforms; Landscapes; Littoral plants; Living Things; Mountains; Nature; Plants; Ponds; Recreation; Riparian plants; Rivers; Rural; Sediments (Geology); Trees;
- Panoramic Photographs Collection, Library of Congress
- Henry Barreuther
- Submitted By:
- Jamie Russell
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Times viewed: